Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Calm and peaceful morning...

I woke up this morning, ready to begin my day.. when I suddenly realized that I heard absolute chaos coming from the living room.. I jump out of my bed to see what was going on and find three little kids.. all sitting around watching t.v. laughing and having a grand ol time.. OK. No big deal, until I realize that one of these kids had taken our step ladder and climbed up to the top of the cabinets and had cut them all a large slice of left over birthday cake... And although they were smart enough to put the cake away.. they left the plate and fork sitting in the middle of the floor. And that's when i noticed it.. the hum of a sugar high. You know what I'm talking about. The pupils dilate in the eyes, to the point where you can barely tell what color eyes they have.. and then the twitching starts. Bouncing off the walls, sugar has to affect the ears as well, because these children who were once capable of listening suddenly have no idea you are even speaking as they frantically run thru the house jumping off furniture, diving under couches, and bouncing off each other like they are made of rubber. Our cat, Sakura, quickly darts into the bedroom where my husband is trying to sleep, while I am suddenly faced with the epidemic of sugar elated children at 6 o'clock in the morning.
And yes, when my children get too much sugar they turn into zombies.
All of them.. but they indeed get better after a short while.





          Either way, after all was said and done the girls made it to school without being killed, and the boys were dressed and we were on our way to go on a major shopping spree. Well not really major, just got a cart full of things.It worked out in the end, because by the time I got the boys to the store the high was over.

So. Yesterday. It was April 23rd. and I am a nerd. Need proof? Don't worry your sweet little self over it, I'll gladly show you the proof you desire!
I received this picture via text after Dave showed Dri that I had been marking my Silence spotting's.
 There you go. Proof of my goofy antics. April 23rd is the day that the Impossible Astronaut aired, which is of course a Doctor Who episode. So I walked into work, grabbed the sharpie and began drawing marks on my arms. To my surprise, even though it was very busy at work, very few people took notice of it, even fewer people commented on it and most just assumed I had gotten another tattoo. HAHA! At least when my hubby showed it to Adrianna she enjoyed it, and actually played along! Needless to say, that made my night!


Adrianna came home from school today and Dave told me I should look at some of the things she had written. She pulled out a poem and had me read it. Her assignment was to compare the sea to an open prairie.  This is what she wrote.

Blue as sky,
Waves sing a lullaby.
Miles of green,
Grass is all that is seen.
Sand on the shore, 
Beyond is water, nothing more.
Prairie grass all around, 
Gusts of wind, go tumbling down.
Prairie and sea, go and explore, go and explore.
You'll like what you see, and you will want more.

And that's all she wrote..


squee!! this shall be my desktop!



silly ginger kitty, You have no soul.

TRUTH!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment