Saturday, March 3, 2012

Typical Saturday morning..

      Alright.. so to begin talking about our morning here.. I need to start out with my Friday night.. We are so full of awesome here in this family that after the kids went to bed Dave and I sat down and watched Attack of the Killer tomatoes 2.. with our delish bag of M&M's and promptly fell asleep... YAY!!! Two grown adults sleeping on a couch sucks big time ^_^;; I woke up at around.. 4:30 this morning to all four kids surrounding us in the silent attempt to steal the bag of candy from it's resting place.. promptly told the girls that they needed to clean their rooms as punishment for sneaking food, and that until the bedroom was vacuumed they didn't get to eat. 5 hours later..  after many cries out that we are torturing them, that we would rather they die than feed them.. meanest parents ever yadiyadiyadi...the bedroom was cleaned and they finally got breakfast lol.


       Meanwhile, Tristan at some point during the morning/evening before had gotten up on a chair and fiddled with our alarm system for reasons unknownst to anyone but the mind of a two year old. He somehow managed to set and arm the alarm. So this morning at like 7:30am when Dave was going to head up to 7-11 to grab some things the alarm goes off, and it's loud.. I mean LOUD! The entire neighborhood can hear this thing going off at the butt crack of dawn...and of course, our landlord hasn't told us how to disarm the fucking thing. So here we are.. with an alarm blaring in the attic, and also a separate one in the basement.. chiming almost as loud as a tornado siren with no way to shut it off. A quick phone call made and the alarm was disarmed, but that was after of course everyone and his mom had come outside to see what was happening. Luckily, it wasn't set to call the cops at the time. That would have been super fun.

 Now here we are, it's 10 o'clock the boys are eating snacks, the girls are pretty much finishing breakfast and Dave is fiddling on the computer.. all of a sudden this music starts playing.. it sounds like metal from the 1980's I'm talking thrash/power metal.. complete with echo chamber vocals for effect.. I felt like I had stepped into a time machine.. The kids.. on cue start moshing around the house and acting like fools.. at one point.. I honestly had to say to Tristan.. HEY! Stop sticking that spoon in your diaper and don't hit your brother with vacuum attachment's!!! I told you.. Glorious chaos! Logan is sitting upside down in his spider-man thrown.. Tristan decided to take off all his clothes and diaper.. and is tearing thru the house screaming NAKED BABABOOM! while flashing everyone who looks his way.. and I'm on my way to work ^_^;; wish Dave luck.. I believe he may need it today lol! Oh hey.. since today's descriptions are completely image free I thought I would leave you with this picture of a man wearing terribly fancy pants :) I hope you enjoy!!

     



2 comments:

  1. If your kids can manage to plot on how to get a bag of candy from you, just imagine what other evil doer things they are capable of. Just let that set in for a second...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! And, my biggest worry this Saturday morning was whether to pay with Credit or Debit at the grocery story. :)

    ReplyDelete